Search

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Camera DIY: Custom Tilt-Shift Adapter

It all started when I wondered how I could use my Medium Format Camera lenses(If you have no idea what the hell this is.. It's just a bigger lens than the normal one's. I mean fatter :P)

Things I used:
1.) Generic Nikon Body Cap

  • Machined off the middle part
  • Cut 1cm off the outer seal
  • Body Caps from other brand bodies will also do

2.) Ring Filter Adapter (I think I used a 62mm to 67mm filter step-up ring.
3.) Old Black Socks (Clean. And the Pair is missing. PERFECT!)
4.) Zip-Ties
5.) Hair ponytail band

If you want to imitate the way I made it. With my build the body cap and the filter adapter should interlock creating a tight grip with the camera body. Then I placed the sock over the filter adapter. And to lock the socks in place I used the Zip-Ties. To lock the lens in place I used the small but tight band.

When complete It might cost around PHP500.00 (around US$10.00) or more depending on the brand of socks.

Check the sample pictures below to get an idea on the effect of the bellows.


What the bellow-adapter looks like


So what the hell is it do I want to achieve?? Look below.


Sample 1

AX/ATRE - Men at Work
Sample 2

Nawawalang Bata
Sample 3


Sample 4


Other Sample images (Night mode)

I have two additional lenses that I am now able to use as a tilt-shift lens on any Nikon camera body, Film or Digital, Crop body or Full-frame. Well worth the effort and cost I think. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment